Founded in 1654, Orkla is a leading supplier of branded goods to the grocery, out-of-home, specialized retail, pharmacy and bakery sectors. Orkla ASA is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and its head office is located in Oslo, Norway. In 2019 the Group reported revenues of 43.6 billion NOK and employed some 18 300 people. Through a strong focus on continuous innovation, customer and market insight, as well as multiple acquisitions throughout the years, Orkla has built a leading portfolio of desired brands that meet the needs of its end consumers. Every day 8 million Orkla products are sold across the Nordics.
We are looking for an experienced Supply Chain Director with good collaboration and leadership qualities to assume an important role in the remaining part of the project phase to ensure that everything is in place for successful operations. When OBP is operational, focus will be to secure efficient operations with high quality, satisfied customers and good profitability. The Supply Chain Director will take the responsibility for project handover to OBP and running business and will have a strong focus on further developing OBP in accordance with Orkla strategy and business plan. Together with OBP management team, you will be expected to take full responsibility for operationalizing and realizing adopted strategies and ensuring follow-up and continuous improvement to fulfill these.
Key tasks will include
- Ensure and implement an effective Operating Model for the new production plant (OBP)
- Implement new organization design and ensure operational readiness for go live
- Follow the overall time schedule of construction and equipment installation
- Ensure successful handover from Project Anna and ramp up OBP organization and production
- Manage the OBP plant and ensure high customer satisfaction, efficient and profitable production with the right production mix & range and good quality.
- Take total responsibility for operation, development and the factory's financial results
- Be a strong partner to internal customers to be the preferred supplier and the best innovation partner
- Responsible for OBP P&L and follow up of established sets of KPIs, incl. a) Cost efficiency and Conversion Cost, b) Utilisation ratio per line, c) Service level, Quality performance, Consumer complaints, Innovations ratio (according to the SLA), d) EHS (Sick leave, LWDR, TRR), e) Current Capital , f) variable manufacturing cost, labour, energy, waste/yield/scrapping, distribution etc.; g) Food Safety, Work Safety, Quality, and Orkla Production System standards
- Implement production strategies that are in line with and support Orkla's overall goals
- Manage capacity and staffing according to volume development and seasonal variations
- Be a proactive member and contribute actively to OCS SC management team
- Proactively improve the factory's EHS results through focus and employee involvement
- Contribute to Orkla's innovation and product development work
- Ensure that OBP has robust operation, both technically, systemically and managerially
Experience & Functional Competencies
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within supply chain, i.e. COO, Production Director or the equivalent. The candidate can have a background as CEO in a smaller company
- Experience from Operations/Supply Chain Organizations with focus on sourcing and manufacturing, ideally within the FMCG/ food industry
- Proven track record from improving manufacturing processes, increasing efficiency and quality levels
- Demonstrated experience in delivering operational transformation in a complex matrix organization
- Experience from setting up or relocating production facilities
- Strong understanding of the new product/process innovation processes
- Proven commercial understanding and experience, ideally within the FMCG/food industry
- Insight in trends that will/can influence the supply chain based on input from BAs
- Experience from working with continuous improvement, Lean, WCM based on structure, figures, facts and good leadership for implementation
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and preferably one Nordic language and/or Latvian
- Solid educational background, preferably at Master's level or the equivalent. Relevant education/experience in production or technical background is a requirement
Personality & Leadership Skills
- The ideal candidate is a business- and results oriented people-person with proven strategic and managerial skills
- S/he is strong at stakeholder management and naturally partners with internal customers to be the preferred supplier and best innovation partner
- S/he provides leadership that inspires others to succeed and develops, and proactively shares experiences, knowledge and ideas in the interest of the business and organization
- The ideal candidate is structured, analytical and experienced in collaboration with own management team at OBP, project team and internal stakeholders/clients.
- Applies leadership & coaching skills to empower and engage the organization, ensuring the organization is equipped to do its tasks and feels motivated to do so
- The ideal candidate brings integrity and is comfortable taking a stand and expressing deviating opinions in the interest of the operations and business
- The ideal candidate thrives in a hectic and results-oriented work situation and successfully deals with ambiguity
Any questions about the position can be directed to Alexia Twingler at Amrop Sweden.
To apply for the position send an email (in English) to email@example.com.
All applications and inquiries will be treated confidentially.